Taking care of your skin is an essential part of self-care, and it's crucial to maintain a consistent skincare routine even when you're traveling. But carrying skincare products can be challenging, especially when you're flying. Air travel has strict regulations on the size and amount of liquids and creams you can bring on board. So, it's essential to understand why you should take your skincare products on all trips and why you can't take big creams or liquids in your suitcase. Here are a few skincare tips while traveling.
Why should I take care of my skin when I’m traveling?
Firstly, maintaining a skincare routine while traveling is essential because traveling can wreak havoc on your skin. Air travel can dehydrate your skin due to the low humidity levels in the cabin. Changes in climate, such as humidity and temperature, can also affect your skin, causing breakouts, dryness, or excessive oil production. By carrying your skincare products, you can protect your skin from these external factors and ensure that your skin stays healthy and radiant.
Basics about traveling with your skin care products
It's important to note that not all skincare products are travel-friendly. Air travel regulations limit the number of liquids and creams you can carry on board, and any product that exceeds the size limit will be confiscated by airport security. So, you need to be mindful of the size and quantity of your skincare products while traveling.
To comply with the TSA guidelines, you should pack your skincare products in travel-sized containers. You can also purchase travel-sized versions of your favorite products or transfer them to smaller containers. Additionally, you can opt for solid skincare products, such as cleansing bars and moisturizing sticks, which are compact and easy to carry.
Apart from complying with TSA guidelines, packing travel-sized skincare products also helps save luggage space. Carrying full-sized products can take up a significant amount of space, leaving you with less room for other essentials. By packing travel-sized products, you can maximize your luggage space and ensure that you have everything you need for your trip.
What skincare products should you pack for EVERY trip?
When packing your skincare products for a trip, it's important to bring the essentials that will help keep your skin healthy and hydrated. Here are some skincare products that you should definitely take on your trip:
- Cleanser: A gentle cleanser is essential for removing dirt, oil, and makeup from your skin. Look for a travel-sized cleanser that is suitable for your skin type.
- Moisturizer: Moisturizer helps to hydrate and nourish your skin, keeping it soft and supple. Opt for a lightweight, non-greasy moisturizer that is easy to apply and absorbs quickly.
- Sunscreen: Sunscreen is essential for protecting your skin from the sun's harmful UV rays. Choose a travel-sized sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30, and make sure to apply it before heading out.
- Lip balm: Your lips can also get dry and chapped while traveling, so don't forget to pack a moisturizing lip balm to keep them soft and hydrated.
- Eye cream: The skin around your eyes is delicate and prone to dryness, so bring a travel-sized eye cream to hydrate and soothe this area.
- Face mist: A face mist is a great way to refresh and hydrate your skin throughout the day. Look for a travel-sized mist that contains soothing ingredients such as aloe vera or rosewater.
- Face mask: A hydrating face mask can help to nourish and rejuvenate your skin after a long day of travel. Opt for a travel-sized sheet mask or a single-use mask that doesn't require rinsing.
Remember, the key to packing skincare products for a trip is to keep it simple and only bring the essentials. Stick to products that are suitable for your skin type and that you know work well for you. And don't forget to pack them in a clear plastic bag to comply with TSA regulations. With these skincare essentials, you can maintain healthy and glowing skin while on the go.
Caprea has a whole line of on-the-go formulas at great prices.
Hydrating and firming lotion with wheat protein. Use in desired areas after showering.
Give your skin a boost of hydration. This 2 in 1 formula serves as
- Day cream
- Night cream
- Moisturizing mask
Apply one fill dropper to clean face and eye contours and gently massage into skin. Use on the go in the morning before your day cream.
Featured image by Paige Cody from Unsplash.